Birth Chart Rectification
If you are uncertain of your time of birth, rectification techniques work backwards through the transits, progressions, and solar arcs that coincided with important life events to reverse engineer the moment of birth. This is called a chart rectification. By doing the back and forth adjusting time to events the location the degree of your ascendant and midheaven is revealed, which determines time of birth. No rectified chart is as certain as a chart with a verified birth time which is always preferred.
Why is the time important for an accurate astrology reading?
Knowing your ascendant. Are you a Libra Ascendant? Scorpio? What is your ascendant is the key to understanding the house placements. If you do not know the ascendant you do not know what house your planets are occupying. If you do not know the signs of the 12 houses you can not know what planet rules them. Why is this important? If you do not know what planet rules a house then when you have a transit to that planet you are missing which part of life is being impacted. For example if you have Uranus transiting the ruler of your house of marriage then you could have an unexpected change in relationships. Versus if you have Uranus transiting the same planet but it rules your house of money, the change is in your financial situation. Certain positions in the chart are extremely sensitive to timing, being off by only 4 minutes is equal to a year in predictive work for when an event will or will not happen. Also in astrocartography each minute will change your planetary lines across the globe significantly depending on the latitude of the location you are interesting in. Extremely important if you are interested in astrocartography and relocation astrology.
“How Serious Are You in Discovering Your Time of Birth?”
Before ordering a rectification consultation, consider these steps to get more information about your birth time: Realize that rectification is a speculative, the technique of matching events that happened in your life to angles and planets that rule the houses of the past events to match. It is the closest you will get but never guaranteed as if your parents had an accurate clock and marked the moment of your first breath.
Steps to find your time of birth:
- Look on your birth certificate. This is usually reliable, but be aware that the birth time on the birth certificate might not be completely correct. Depending on when and where you were born, it might not be recorded at all. If you were born in the United States, a good place to start searching for your birth certificate is through contacting the hospital you were born and asking for a copy of the original birth certificate. Government issued copies, like the ones you get from the court house, normally will not have your time of birth stated.
- Request From Agency Your Time of Birth- The agencies are usually the vital record department in the state you were born. In the USA it is now required to state time of birth. When requesting your original birth certificate make sure you ask for the long form, the one that states your time of birth. vitalrec.com is a place to start to seek the vital record department in the state you were born.
- Ask your parents. Even if they don’t know the exact time, they may be able to give you some clues as to what part of the day it was.
- Look in your baby book. It is possible that the time is recorded in there.
What is needed when you order a rectification for your birth chart:
- Your birth date Month, day, Year.
- Your birth place City or Town, State, Country.
Are you a Morning Child? Afternoon? After Supper?
What is the story surrounding your birth? That should pin point an approximate time of day.
The first step is to find the sign of the Ascendant and as this point also describes your physical appearance to some extent. You will need to write a chronology of significant events and relationships in your life to find the time that you were born that will match your astrology chart. The more exact the dates the better.
Try to be as exact as possible with the dates when things happened.
- At least 7 to 10 major events are required to ensure birth time accuracy. The following is a list of the types of events that are necessary in order to accurately complete a chart rectification: You are now writing the story of your life. Put it in chronological order.. graduation, first love, job, child, divorce, moves, you get the picture. Here are more events to consider: Change in career, promotion, job loss, major home moves (relocation), Accidents, Marriage(s), Separation/Divorce, Serious relationship, Lawsuits, Major health issues, Operations, Significant accidents (car wreck, broken bones) Profound loss (loss of job, pet, theft),Death of a family member: father, mother, child, sibling, grandparents, spouse, Birth of Child/Children, Profound increase (new job, inheritance),
Rectification in your birth chart is speculative, there is a dedicated, complicated, and time consuming technique in the method, used by astrologers throughout the century yet is never an absolute but the best choice available when time of birth was not recorded.
The cost of the rectification depends on the range of time that you need to check. Minimum fee is $50 when you have a time of birth but you are suspicious of it as it is a rounded number on your birth certificate or other reasons why you feel it is off. In that situation of your birth time being within 30 minutes the fee is $50. email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for this service and I will send a paypal invoice. If you know your time was within a 2 hour window (around noon 11 am – 1 pm) that is $100. Each additional 2 hours of window of time is $50 more. (4 hours $150, 6 hours $200, etc.) Unfortunately if you do not have an approximate time within a 6 hour window I will not be able to provide the chart rectification service for you. There is much you can know without your time of birth but not knowing will only give you half of your astrological story and forecast. Also without a time of birth relocation astrology is not possible as it requires the exactitude for planetary lines across the globe.
Feel free to email if you have further questions.